IDEALearning Pty Ltd (‘IDEAL’) recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of information collected about visitors to its website, in particular personal information, which is information that identifies an individual or allows their identity to be readily worked out from the information. This includes information such as a person’s name, address, financial information, marital status or billing details.
This Policy is in addition to any other terms and conditions applicable to the website.
IDEAL provides services to those who are over 18 years in age, and to those who are over 13, but under 18, who have received parental permission to use IDEAL services. IDEAL requires and assumes that you comply with one of these conditions.
Collecting Personal Information
Personal information about visitors to our website is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily provided. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with a product you order online, or to answer any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this Policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
In the course of providing a service to you, IDEAL will collect various personal information from you. Information that is provided to IDEAL or collected by IDEAL is provided to IDEAL independent of the service IDEAL is providing to you. That is, unless specified, all such information is provided for use by IDEAL as outlined in this Policy.
IDEAL may collect personal information in a number of ways from the following sources:
– You may supply data to us directly, for example, as you sign up for a particular service.
– We may collect data as you use IDEAL services, for example, we may keep a record of transactions you perform using IDEAL services, or we may use “cookies” when you visit an IDEAL website.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
IDEAL collects your personal information primarily for the purpose of being able to provide you services — either services we provide directly, or services we provide with or on behalf of third parties. In addition, IDEAL collects your data so that we can improve our service to you and offer you additional services.
Specifically this means that IDEAL will do the following with your information:
– We will use your data in order to provide you with IDEAL services.
– We may provide limited data to other users, if the service in question has part of its functionality that it finds other users. In this case we will provide the minimum information required to effectively enable this purpose (for example, username).
– If an IDEAL service involves capacity to exchange information with other users, we will provide other users information that you direct us to.
– We will provide your data to third parties offering a service requested by you. This includes subcontractors conducting a service on our behalf as well as third parties offering a service utilizing IDEAL technology. The data provided will be limited to the data required to offer the relevant service.
– We may use your data to provide information or make offers of additional services provided by IDEAL.
– We may use your data to provide information or make offers of additional services provided by third parties. In these circumstances, we will not provide the third parties with your information, but will make contact with you on their behalf.
– We may use your information, combined with the information of others, to discern various ‘anonymized insights’ (an insight about IDEAL customers from which you cannot discern the identity of an individual). We may provide these insights to third parties (e.g., “Most of our customers are from outside major cities.”).
Additionally, IDEAL may use your information in the following ways:
– In the event of a change of control of IDEAL, we may provide the subsequent owner with your data.
– In the event that we are required by law to do so, we may provide your information to law enforcement agencies.
– In the event that we believe IDEAL is at risk due to your conduct, we may provide information to parties such as law enforcement, security, or legal agencies.
In the event of you no longer utilizing any IDEAL services, and of you requesting us to do so, we will endeavour to delete all your personal information that we are reasonably able to.
Storage and Security of Personal Information
IDEAL is committed to ensuring the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our website. We are aware that there is always risk associated with providing personal information over the internet, and that no system is entirely safe. However we have endeavoured, and continue to endeavour, to take all commercially reasonable measures to prevent unauthorized access to and improper use of your personal data.
In addition, IDEAL staff are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by IDEAL and keep such information secure. However, IDEAL will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Access and correction
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information amended.
You are entitled to access any personal information that we hold about you, although you will need to prove your identity to us before such access is given.
Changes to this Policy
IDEAL reserves the right, at its own discretion, to change or remove portions of this Policy at any time. When the Policy is changed, we will place the updated policy on the relevant websites. The policy includes a revision date as its first item so that it is easy for you to see if there have been any changes.
We recommend that you revisit this Policy from time to time to learn of any such changes to this Policy.
Further Privacy Information
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. http://www.privacy.gov.au.